Sure-Built Foundation System
Any structure is only as good as the foundation on which it sits.
Why a concrete slab or foundation may not be a solid strategy for your home...
Subsidence - Even the best built foundation is subject to ground movement. Slab-on-Grade constructed homes are subject to even greater stress from ground movement, potentially leading to various problems, including:
- Slab/ Foundation Cracking
- Settling and bowed walls
- Sloping floors
- Leaking walls and roof
- Cracking brick and siding
- Sticking doors and windows
- Drywall cracks
- Nail/screw popping in walls
- Floor and tile cracks
Moisture - Moisture can migrate into your home at ground level through untreated surfaces, concrete cracks, and cold joints causing various issues, including:
- Moisture build up
- Susceptible to flooding in flood prone areas
- Mold and related health hazards from airborne spores
- Musty smell
- Floor stains and lifting tile
- Cold zones on horizontal surfaces
- Unlevel and sloping floors
- Limited ability to drain the water from under a slab or foundation
Insects - Insects can migrate into your home through direct contact between treated and untreated foundation surfaces.
Insulation - Concrete has a very low insulating factor of R-1, leading to higher heating and cooling costs.
Mechanical - Single location concrete slab penetrations restrict access to important electrical, plumbing and sanitary components located "under the floor" making repair very disruptive and expensive.
It's Time to Put Steel Into Your Home...
Based on a "deep foundation" system using helical steel piers that extend below typical problem soils that slab on grade and poured footings encounter. It is an improvement over most site constructed concrete applications commonly found in home construction. With the "Sure Built Foundation", the weight of your home is transferred through sometimes unstable organic top soils to load bearing piers set in deeper load bearing soils. Insulative pre-cast concrete panels are also placed around the perimeter of your home for placement and compacting of backfill medium.
Benefits of the "Sure Built Foundation" system include:
- Fundamentally more stable than conventional slab on grade construction
- Higher compressive strength than a conventional concrete foundation
- Impact resistant and less subject to backfill damage
- Not subject to typical foundation settlement problems and resulting structural problems
- Built to withstand Hurricane force wind loads
- Engineered system providing for under-house drainage
- Passive venting to promote air movement
- Avoids flooding
- Insect resistant
- Insulation in floor trusses, means fewer cold spots
- Below floor access to plumbing, electrical and drainage components
- Reduces massive CO2 footprint of constructing concrete components
Each foundation design is signed and sealed by a licensed structural engineer to provide homeowners; contractors and local building authorities with documented assurance of its structural integrity and is covered by Banner Communities 10-year Express Limited Warranty.