Banner Communities prides itself on being part of a select group of builders in Texas offering the Energy Star rating on all of its homes.
Homes that earn the ENERGY STAR® must meet guidelines for energy efficiency set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. ENERGY STAR® qualified homes are independently verified to be at least 30% more energy efficient than homes built to the 1993 national Model Energy Code or 15% more energy efficient than homes built to the 2004 International Residential Code (IRC), whichever is greater.
Your ENERGY STAR® qualified Banner homes use less energy than homes built to the Texas residential building code, are third-party tested, and provide homeowners with a better lifestyle for less money. By choosing to purchase a Banner home you are investing in a high-quality home and in the future of our big blue Texas sky.
You can be assured of the following benefits:
Energy Efficient Mortgage
Your Banner home should qualify for an Energy Efficient Mortgage (EEM). EEM's are mortgages that credit a home's energy efficiency in the mortgage itself providing borrowers the opportunity to qualify for a larger loan amount and a better, more energy-efficient home. EEMs are typically used to purchase a new home that is already energy efficient such as your ENERGY STAR® qualified Banner home. For more information about EEMs, contact one of our Preferred Lenders or your mortgage consultant for more details.
Enjoy peace of mind knowing that your Banner home is certified to meet the EPA's strict guidelines for energy efficiency. This exemplary performance is verified by an independent third party.
Lower Ownership Cost
Compared with most standard homes, your ENERGY STAR® qualified Banner home uses substantially less energy for heating, cooling, and water heating-delivering $200 to $400 in annual savings. Over several years this may add up to thousands of dollars saved on utility bills.
More Comfortable/Quieter Home
The energy-efficient features of ENERGY STAR® labeled Banner home should deliver better protection by keeping out excess heat, cold, and noise, and ensure consistent temperatures between and across rooms-making these homes more comfortable to live in.
By choosing a home with the ENERGY STAR® label, you can be confident that it will have an increasingly valued feature when the time comes to sell. More than 840,000 ENERGY STAR® qualified homes have been built to date in the US. By the end of the decade, more than 2 million homes are expected to earn the ENERGY STAR®. The trend is clear. ENERGY STAR® qualified new homes usually have higher resale values than standard homes. And, while selling your new home might seem like a distant reality, your ENERGY STAR® certificate and label will be proof of your home's certification and will be critical in substantiating the higher resale value of your home.
Did you know that your home can be a greater source of pollution than your car? In fact, 16 percent of U.S. greenhouse gas emissions are generated from the energy used in houses nationwide. Energy used in our homes often comes from the burning of fossil fuels at power plants, which contributes to smog, acid rain, and global warming. By purchasing an ENERGY STAR® labeled Banner home, you are joining millions of consumers who have changed to ENERGY STAR®, helping our nation reduce our energy needs and building a cleaner environment for the future. ENERGY STAR® built homes are not only good for the homeowner, they also provide long term benefits for our environment. To learn more about ENERGY STAR® homes www.energystar.gov.
Features of your ENERGY STAR® labeled Banner home include:
- Increased Insulation - Improved and effective use of insulation helps achieve even temperatures throughout the house while using less energy. The result is lower utility costs and a quieter, more comfortable home.
- High-performance Windows - High-performance windows help keep heat in during winter and out during summer. They also block damaging ultraviolet sunlight that can discolor carpets and furniture.
- Tight Construction and Tight Ducts - Tight ducts and tight construction help eliminate drafts, moisture, dust, pests, and pollen. This improves comfort and the quality of indoor air, while lowering maintenance costs.
- Energy-efficient Heating and Cooling Equipment - More efficient and properly installed heating and cooling systems use less energy, which reduces utility bills. These systems also turn on and off less frequently, removing more humidity and providing better comfort.
- Banner Communities homes are built to meet the Texas Building Energy Performance Standards adopted by the Texas Legislature in 2001. This stringent energy code was adopted to increase energy efficiency of all new single-family homes and improve our air.